Nominating A Charity
Only current members (members who are up to date with their quarterly donation checks) of POWER of 100+ Fox Cities are eligible to nominate a charity for the Impact Award. A nomination form must be completed for each charity nominated. Nominations must be submitted at least three weeks prior to the next quarterly meeting and be approved by the leadership team.
Eligible charities must:
- Have 501(c)(3) status for a minimum of 2 years under the same name and EIN (Non-Profit tax ID number).
- Provide their mission statement or explanation of their charity’s goals.
- Be prepared to send a representative to the meeting their charity is nominated for and present their charity information. They will also need to answer questions from the group. No more than 10 minutes total will be allowed.
- Be willing to share their year-end financial statements with us.
- Prove that Impact Award dollars will benefit the individuals in the Fox Cities area defined by POWER of 100+ guidelines.
- The funds must stay in our community.
- Be able to provide charitable tax receipts to members for their donations.
- Be actively engaged it the community and executing their mission statement.
- Send a representative to the next quarterly meeting to share with the group how the funds were utilized.
- MUST agree NOT to use the names of POWER of 100+ members for future solicitations or marketing. If the charity does not adhere to this condition, they will be removed from any future consideration.
The two charities that are not selected at the quarterly meeting are immediately eligible to be selected at future meetings. The winning charity however, is not eligible to be nominated for the Impact Award for 2 years after the date of receiving it. Charities will remain on the active nomination list for 3 years after initial nomination, unless there is a change in their status, then it will be reviewed by the leadership committee for continued eligibility.
In the case of a two-way tie, members will be provided with the names of the 2 charities and a second vote will be taken. In the event of a second tie, one of the charities will be randomly selected. In the event of a three-way tie, a second vote will be taken. If the second vote results in a tie again, one of the 3 charities will be randomly chosen. Members of the POWER of 100+ group will present the checks to the winning charity.
The Fox Cities region served by the POWER of 100+ includes the following communities; Appleton, Buchanan, Clayton, Combined Locks, Fox Crossing, Freedom, Grand Chute, Greenville, Harrison, Hortonville, Kaukauna, Kimberly, Little Chute, Menasha, Neenah and Sherwood.
Who can be nominated? How long do they stay active?
Power of 100+ committed members may nominate as many charities as they wish. Complete a nomination form for each charity nominated and submit to the steering committee for review. All eligible charities must have 501(c)(3) status and have been in operation for a minimum of 2 years.
Nominated charity groups must agree NOT to use the names of our members for future solicitations, marketing nor give the information out to the public. If the charity does not adhere to this condition, they will be removed from any future consideration.
Two years after being selected for the Impact Award donation, members may re-submit this charity for consideration. The two charities that are not selected at the quarterly meeting are immediately eligible to be selected at future meetings.
First Charity TBD